Ø: 45cm x Height: 43.3cm or
Ø: 60cm x Height: 47.7cm
- Cord length: 4m
- Material: Cut matt PVC shade in white. Ceiling rose included.
- Finish: White, matt coated.
- Light Source Small: 1 x 100W Clear E27 (excluded)
- Light Source Large: 1 x 200W Clear E27 (excluded)
- IP Rating: 20
- Delivery: 2 - 4 weeks
Great reasons to buy the Louis Poulsen Patera Pendant Light
- An eye-catching chandelier that will make a statement in any room it adorns
- The 360 degree shade is beautiful from all angles due to it's spiralling mathematical pattern
- The light is architecturally versatile and can be used in a number of settings including stairwells and large rooms
Why you'll love this pendant light
The Patera pendant light was originally designed by Øivind Slaatto for Danish lighting brand Louis Poulsen. The Patera takes inspiration from the mathematical Fibonacci sequence which gives the light it's swirling, seamless design. Øivind states that his "ultimate goal was to create a three-dimensional Sudoku. It was an extremely mathematical assignment. In fact, it’s the most complex light I have ever made ... I think it has a certain poetry about it, and my aim was to construct a modern crystal chandelier. I hope people will feel inspired to move around it. I hope it generates life.”
The pendant is a glowing sphere built up of small diamond-shaped cells. Each cell is carefully designed to capture light and to shield the light source from the viewing angles above 45 degrees. Below 45 degrees, the fields are open to direct light downwards and a small amount of light is also sent upwards to illuminate the ceiling.