- Designer : Iskos-Berlin for Hay
- Material : Moulded Oak Veneer Seat/Back, Powder Coated Steel Frame
- Dimensions: H: 78cm; W: 54.5cm; D: 50cm
- Stackable : Up to 8 chairs
- Delivery: 6 - 8 Weeks
GREAT REASONS TO BUY THE HAY SOFT EDGE DINING CHAIR
- Specially designed for comfort, the edges of this shapely chair all face away from the body.
- Stackable & lightweight, the 'Soft Edge' is suitable for any segment of the contract market – from classrooms to cafeterias.
- Available in 3 finish options, this versatile dining chair lends itself to many interior settings.
- The 'Soft Edge' is also available here with a wood frame.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS SEATING SOLUTION
The Soft Edge Dining Chair has been designed by Iskos-Berlin, a partnership comprising of Boris Berlin and Aleksej Iskos whose motto is “changing within the changes” or “movement within mobility”. Produced by Danish design brand Hay, the Soft Edge's name comes from the fact that the softly shaped seat and back features edges that all face away from the body. The use of state of the art plywood moulding techniques enables a three dimensionality that's unusual for typical moulded plywood chair.
The powder coated steel frame allows this strong and lightweight chair to be stackable up to 8 chairs, making it perfect for use in any segment of the contract market – from classrooms and auditoriums to canteens and cafeterias.
Available here in a selection of stained oak finishes, the Soft Edge series also includes a wood frame version. The wooden frame Soft Edge is available here.
Iskos-Berlin : "We see design as an art of storytelling. This story is normally quite complex, consisting of semantics, morphology, materiality, technology of objects and many other elements. But the clearer your story is, the more likely people are to understand it. The more surprising you make your story, the more likely they are to remember it. And finally the more you make people smile, the more likely they are to love it!"