- Designer: Hans Hornemann
- Material : Shell: Plywood & PU foam with textile or leather upholstery; Legs; Stained Beech
- Dimensions: H: 80cm; L: 46cm; D: 50cm
- Seat Height: 47cm
- Made In Denmark
- Delivery: 4 - 6 weeks
- Assembly: Some self-assembly required
Great Reasons To Buy the Normann Copenhagen Ace Dining Chair
- The Ace Dining Chair innovatively unifies luxurious, Scandinavian furniture with flat-packaging principles.
- It's made from moulded plywood and is covered with moulded foam to provide endless comfort.
- Inspired by modern, urban lifestyles it can be dismantled so that it doesn't take up too much space and can be easily transported.
- With three fabric options it's available in a wide range of colours to suit any interior setting.
Why You'll Love This Dining Chair
Designed by Hans Hornemann for Danish design company Normann Copenhagen, Ace is a series of flat-pack seating solutions designed to suit modern needs. The Ace Dining Chair comes in a box with a handle that you can take home and transform into a stunning, upholstered piece of furniture with an expressive design and Urban appeal, making it great for metropolitan nomads and car-less city goers. The designer took inspiration for Ace from his own life in Copenhagen, keeping in mind the young urban dwellers who prioritise quality and aesthetics but also value flexibility and price.
Combining intelligent engineering with elegant visual impression, Ace has a nonchalant, curved form and can be upholstered in two different fabrics- a vibrant velour or a flecked woollen textile, as well as Tango Leather. The Woollen textile "Nist" has been developed in house and is manufactured using an untraditional weaving technique with 52% linen, producing a natural flecking of the fabric. The velour creates a soft, romantic elegance, whilst Nist gives the chair a more stringent, masculine look. The legs come in stained beech in the same colour tones as the fabrics for a uniform expression.
“I wanted to challenge the flat-pack concept and give it another meaning. I sought to create attractive, upholstered, high-quality furniture that took the best from the flat-pack principle. A reasonably priced piece of furniture, without several weeks’ lead time, that you can fall in love with and bring home with you straight away,”- Hans Horneman