- Dimensions: Diameter: 45cm x Height: 41cm
- Suspension type: Cable 3 x 0,75mm² & wire. Canopy: Yes. Cable length: 3m
- Material: Shade : Mouth-blown matt white opal glass; Anti-glare disc : Purple, spun aluminium; Suspension : High lustre chrome plated, extruded aluminium.
- Finish: White opal glass
- Light source (not included) : 1x150W E27
- Delivery: 2 - 3 weeks
Great reasons to buy the Louis Poulsen PH 4½/4 Pendant Light
- Designed in 1925 by Poul Henningsen the PH 4½/4 is part of a family of lighting products that are considered design classics and were widely popular in the 1930s.
- The lighting system uses a reflective three shade system which has an even distribution of light and directs light downwards.
- This range of lights have great architectural versatility and can be used as single lights in a home or as part of a cluster in a commercial setting.
Why you'll love this pendant light
The PH 4½/4 pendant light was designed by Poul Henningsen in 1925 and produced by Louis Poulsen to celebrate Poul's 120th birthday. The pendant has a high lustre chrome plated suspension and white opal glass shade; perfect for completing that white living look or for adding a touch of minimal, simple design to your interior.
The fixture is designed based on the principle of a reflective three-shade system, which directs the majority of the light downwards. By using a design based on the logarithmic spiral, Poul achieved even distribution of light over the entire curve of the shade for the PH 4½/4. This even light distribution, together with the diffuse reflection through the glass, made it possible to control glare and shadow. Each shade reduces the amount of light equally, due to their distance from the light source.
The shades of this PH 4½/4 are made of hand-blown opal three-layer glass, which is glossy on top and sandblasted matte on the underside. The result is a beautifully crafted pendant with a soft and uniform light distribution.
The PH 4½-4 Glass Pendant consists of an approximately 45 cm top shade, but uses lower shades from the 4/4 model.