- Dimensions: Diameter: 29cm x Height: 24.2cm
- Suspension type: Cable 3x0,75mm². Canopy: Yes. Cable length: 3m
- Material: Shades: Mouth-blown white opal glass. Suspension: Black chrome plated or high lustre chrome plated, brass.
- Finish: Black chrome plated or high lustre chrome plated. White opal glass.
- Light source (not included) : MAX 1x75W E27
- Delivery: 6 - 8 weeks
Great reasons to buy the Louis Poulsen PH 3/2 Pendant Light
- Designed in 1925 by Poul Henningsen the PH 3/2 is part of a family of lighting products that are considered design classics and were widely popular in the 1930s
- The lighting system uses a reflective three shade system which has an even distribution of light and directs light downwards
- This range of lights have great architectural versatility and can be used as single lights in a home or part of a cluster in a commercial setting
Why you'll love this pendant light
The PH 3/2 pendant light was designed by Poul Henningsen in 1925 for Danish lighting brand Louis Poulsen and originally featured in an exhibition in Paris. Henningsen and Louis Poulson struck a partnership that would last until 1967 and produced a range of 18 lights that were available in several different options - giving the end-user complete control over their lighting situation.
By using a design based on the logarithmic spiral, Poul achieved even distribution of light over the entire curve of the shade for the PH 3/2. This even light distribution, together with the diffuse reflection through the glass, made it possible to control glare and shadow. Each shade reduces the amount of light equally, due to their distance from the light source. The PH 3/2 Pendant consists of an approximately 30 cm top shade, but uses lower shades from the 2/2 model.
The fixture is designed based on the principle of a reflective three-shade system, which directs the majority of the light downwards. The shades are made of hand-blown opal three-layer glass, which is glossy on top and sandblasted matte on the underside, giving a soft and uniform light distribution.