- Designer: Alvar Aalto
- Year of Design: 1965
- Material: Hand turned, white painted steel shade and brass stand & base covered with black leather
- Dimensions: Height: 160cm; Depth: 45cm
- Cord: 2.5m black plastic cable with floor switch and plug
- Bulb specification (Not included): 11W, E27 (compact fluorescent)60W, E27 (incandescent)
- 220–240V 50 HZ
- Delivery: 6 - 8 weeks
Great reasons to buy the Artek A811 Floor Light
- This A811 Floor Lamp is a sculptural, curved lamp lamp that produces ambient, cosy lighting.
- Its shade is made of hand-turned, white painted metal strips that prevent glare by diffusing light evenly.
- Long and slender the base and stand are covered in leather with polished brass or nickel at the top, giving it a luxury yet refined appeal.
- Suitable for a variety interiors it will illuminate any dull space with its soft, warm glow.
Why you'll love this floor lamp
The A811 Floor Light was designed by Alvar Aalto in 1965 for Finnish brand Artek and is as elegant today as it was at the time of its original construction. It features a beautiful, asymmetric shade made from hand turned, white painted steel strips which prevent glare by diffusing light evenly. This is elevated on a curved, slender base that's covered in leather and features either a brass or nickel plated brass tip.
By combining a timeless, simplistic shape with luxury materials, the light is given an opulent yet pared-back appeal- it has an essence of grandeur without being overly ostentatious. Suitable for a variety of interiors from traditional to modern, A811 will illuminate any dull space with its soft, warm glow.