- Designer: Alvar Aalto
- Year of Design: 1932
- Material: Birch, seat bent birch plywood, natural lacquered armrests.
- Dimensions: Height: 64cm; Depth 80cm; Width: 60cm
- Seat Height: 33cm
- Armrest Height: 56cm
- Delivery: 6- 8 weeks
Great reasons to buy the Artek Paimio Armchair 41
- The Artek Paimio Armchair is a sculptural beauty of a chair designed by master craftsman Alvar Aalto
- A true design classic, it's named after the Finnish town for which Aalto designed a tuberculosis sanatorium and all its furnishings in 1932
- Combining form and function its exquisite curves were designed not only for aesthetic purposes but also to provide comfort, helping the sitter breath more easily.
- A timeless piece of design it will complement a variety of interiors, providing comfort that will last a lifetime.
Why you'll love this Armchair
The Paimio Armchair is a sculptural beauty of a chair designed by master craftsman Alvar Aalto for Finnish design brand Artek. Designed in 1931, it's named after the Finnish town for which Aalto designed a tuberculosis sanatorium and all its furnishings. This chair was used in the patients' lounge of the sanatorium, with its back angle intended to help sitters breathe more easily- a function that still stands today. Its exquisite curves therefore not only serve aesthetic purposes but also offer endless comfort, making it the perfect lounge or reading chair. A true design classic Paimio looks as modern now as it did at the time of its original construction. It will bring timeless, Scandinavian beauty to any interior.