- Designer: Alvar Aalto
- Year of Design: 1955/6
- Material: Hand turned, white painted steel shade or brass shade, base and stand covered with black leather
- Dimensions: Height: 163cm; Depth: 40cm
- Cord: 2.5m black plastic cable with floor switch and plug
- Bulb specification (Not included): 11W, E27 (compact fluorescent) 60W, E27 (incandescent)
- 220–240V 50 HZ
- Delivery: 6 - 8 weeks
Great reasons to buy the Artek A808 Floor Light
- This A808 Floor Lamp is a riveting beauty of a floor lamp designed by iconic Finnish designer Alvar Aalto
- Long and slender it features painted metal strips that prevent glare by diffusing light evenly.
- The base and stand are covered in leather with polished brass at the top, giving it a luxury yet refined appeal.
- Available in two options it produces a warm, ambient light making it suitable for a variety of interiors.
Why you'll love this floor lamp
The A808 Floor Light was designed by Alvar Aalto for Finnish design brand Artek. Its unique, asymmetric lampshade is made from hand turned, white painted steel or brass and features thin metal strips that prevent glare by diffusing light evenly. The shade is reminiscent of the architectural lines seen on modern buildings and is supported by a long, slender base covered in leather with a brass tip. By combining a simplistic shape with luxury materials, the light is given an opulent yet pared-back appeal- t has an essence of grandeur without being overly ostentatious. Available in white painted steel or brass it'll complement a variety of interiors, brightening up any dull space with beautiful, ambient lighting.