- Designer: Alvar Aalto
- Year of Design: 1959
- Material: Hand turned, white painted steel shade and brass stand & base covered with black leather
- Dimensions: Height: 165cm; Depth: 48cm
- Cord: 2.5m black plastic cable with floor switch and plug
- Bulb specification (Not included): 2 x 20W, E27 (compact fluorescent) 2 x 100W, E27 (incandescent)
- 220–240V 50 HZ
- Delivery: 6 - 8 weeks
Great reasons to buy the Artek A810 Floor Light
- This A810 Floor Lamp is a sculptural, 2-headed lamp that was initially designed for Villa Kokkonen- the house of the composer Joonas Kokkonen.
- It features two conjoined lampshades made out of painted metal strips that prevent glare by diffusing light evenly.
- Long and slender the base and stand are covered in leather with polished brass or nickel at the top, giving it a luxury yet refined appeal.
- It produces a warm, ambient light and will sit seamlessly in a whole host of interiors.
Why you'll love this floor lamp
The A810 Floor Light was designed by Alvar Aalto in 1959 for Villa Kokkonen- the house of the composer Joonas Kokkonen designed by Aalto. Now produced by Finnish brand Artek, it's as elegant today as it was at the time of its original construction. Its defining characteristic is the sculptural 2-headed lampshade made from hand turned, white painted steel strips which prevent glare by diffusing light evenly. This is elevated on a long, slender base that's covered in leather and features either a brass or nickel plated brass tip.
By combining a simplistic shape with luxury materials, the light is given an opulent yet pared-back appeal- it has an essence of grandeur without being overly ostentatious. Suitable for a variety of interiors from traditional to modern, A810 will brighten up any dull space with beautiful, ambient lighting. A larger version with three lampshades, the A809 is also available.