- Designer : Bernard Schottlander
- Materials : Steel & Aluminium
- Dimensions : Height: 52 - 82cm; Width: Depth: 52 - 82cm
- Base Width: ø20cm
- Bulb specification : E14, Max 11W, LED or FLUO (not included)
- Cable : 2m
- IP Rating : 20
- Lead Time : 4 - 6 weeks
Great Reasons To Buy the Lampe Mantis BS3 Table Lamp
- Designed in 1951 by Bernand Schottlander, the Mantis BS3 delicately balances using a system of counterweights and flexible metal bars.
- The shade of the light has a strong sculptured expression - a mark of Schottlander's work.
- A highly flexible light that is rotatable 360° and has several arm positions - giving you control over light direction.
Why you'll love this table lamp
The Lampe Mantis BS3 table lamp was designed by Bernard Schottlander in 1951 and was inspired by the work of sculptor Alex Calder - which is evident in the asymmetrical form of the shade. Playfully combining balance and imbalance, the Lampe Mantis shade carefully hangs using a system of counter-weights, pulleys and flexible metal bars - almost resembling an acrobat suspended in mid-air. The BS3 comes in either a black or green satin arm and base and a black satin shade.