- Designer : Robert Dudley Best
- Chrome or brass with matt powder coated shade & base
- H: 51 to 84cm; Arm length : 42cm
- Shade Ø : 16cm, Base Ø : 21cm
- Bulb Specification : 1 x E14 40W (excluded)
- Delivery : 1-2 Weeks (Brass Brass finish 6-8 Weeks)
The Bestlite BL1 Table Lamp is a desk or table lamp which provides direct light and comes in various colour options. It has a chrome or brass height adjustable arm and base with a tiltable shade in various coloured metals or bone china.
Bestlite have been manufacturing this lamp design by Robert Dudley Best in Birmingham since the 1930s. An early example of the Bauhaus movement it was featured in the 'Architects Journal'. This opened up the light's potential to the architectural community and huge success followed. Its credibility was also strengthened with the Prime Minister Winston Churchill using one on his desk, giving the lamp iconic status.
A design classic in its own right the Bestlite now comes in many different forms and has many applications. Spanning the design spectrum Bestlite lends itself to both cutting edge contemporary and traditional interiors alike.
Watch the Bestlite Video