- Designer : Charles & Ray Eames
- Year of Design : 1958
- Material : Dye cast polished aluminium base structure with high frequency welded leather or Hopsak
- Chair : H: 98.5cm; W: 65cm; D: 78cm; Seat Height : 30.5cm
- Ottoman : H: 35.4cm; W: 53.5cm; D: 54.6cm
- Delivery : Made to Order ; 6-8 weeks
Vitra's Aluminium Group Chair is one of the greatest furniture designs of the 20th century, standing out for its intelligent combination of materials. This is the EA124 (the Lounge Chair) and EA125( ottoman) from the range. It has a four leg swivel base as well as a tilt feature. The frame and armrests are made from chromed or polished aluminium and the covers are attached inside the aluminium profile sections and stretched over the frame, transforming them from mere covers to load bearing parts of the structure.
The Aluminium Group Lounge Chair and ottoman adapts to fit the body snugly and gives great comfort even without excessive upholstery. It comes in a range of Hopsak or leather upholstery finishes.
For more information on Vitra fabrics see the Vitra Fabrics Page
Vitra has produced this lounge chair for many decades to a consistently high quality and on the basis of this gives a 30 year guarantee on all Aluminium Group chairs.
Watch the Aluminium Group Film