- Designer: Alvar Aalto
- Year of Design: 1939
- Material: Birch frame & natural/black webbing.
- Dimensions: Height: 87cm; Depth 72cm; Width: 60cm
- Seat Height: 41cm
- Armrest Height: 57cm
- Delivery: 6- 8 weeks
Great reasons to buy the Artek Armchair 406
- The Artek Armchair 406 is an innovative, elegant chair designed by master craftsman Alvar Aalto
- Combining lightness and simplicity its curved, floating frame makes the seat appear to almost hover mid air.
- The linen webbed seat offers endless comfort, making it the perfect reading or lounge chair.
- Available in natural or black it lends itself to a multitude of interiors and will sit seamlessly in any room of the home.
Why you'll love this Armchair
The Armchair 406 is a beautifully simple chair designed by master craftsman Alvar Aalto for Finnish design brand Artek. Designed in 1939 it's as popular now as it was back then thanks to its elegant, uncomplicated form which gives it a truly timeless appeal. The chair is made from birch and offers endless comfort thanks to its soft, linen webbing. The seat is supported by a light, wooden frame which curves continuously to make up the armrest and leg rest, giving the chair a floating, unobtrusive feel. Available in back or natural this famous Aalto design will sit seamlessly in any interior, offering style and comfort that will last a lifetime.