- Designer : Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
- Year of Design : 2015
- Material : Solid Oak, Linoleum / HPL High Gloss Surface, Powder Coated Steel & Felt Glides
- H: 74cm; W: 200/240cm; D: 85/90cm
- Base Depth: 72cm
- Part Assembly Required
- Delivery : Made to Order ; 8 - 10 weeks
Great Reasons To Buy The Artek REB Kaari Dining Table
- The use of solid wood with linoleum result in the development of an interesting patina over time.
- The first major change in table typology in 100 years, the new bent steel base gives the table a memorable quality.
- With the REB 001 Table, you can create a stunning and truly unique interior space, that can be added to with the other designs within the Kaari range.
- A versatile table solution for a whole host of different interior styles
Why you'll love this dining table
The REB Kaari Dining Table has been designed by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec as part of their Kaari Collection for Finnish design brand Artek. The principle is extremely simple: the vertical load is supported by a wooden part and a bent steel band embraces the contours of this solid wooden piece. The steel band draws a kind of wing bracket-angle that supports the ensemble and creates a linear and rhythmic silhouette.
"From the beginning we had the idea to make a collection in link with the Artek tradition but from our contemporary stance. We continued our exploration around the combination of materials and created Kaari, a novel construction system resulting of a hybridization of solid wood and steel bands" - Bouroullec Brothers.
The typology of table design has only undergone minor alterations over the past 100 years. The design duo behind the Kaari collection note that while there have been hundreds of memorable chairs, only a few tables have made design history. The REB 001 and larger REB 002 have a great shot at joining those design classics.
The Kaari Collection comprises rectangular and round tables in two sizes as well as a desk, a wall console, a small round shelf and an assortment of large wall-mounted shelves, all of which are available to buy online at Utility.
The REB 001 / 002 tables are available in two sizes, with two solid oak base options and a choice of four different table top finishes.
About The Designer
Born in Brittany in 1971 and 1976 respectively the Bouroullec brothers have become a much sough after double act, particularly after their work with Cappellini who recognised their talent at an early stage. Here we feature some of their most highly regarded works for Vitra, Kartell,Cappellini and Magis.