- Designer : Maarten Van Severen
- Year of Design : 1992/2007
- Material : Tubular stainless steel base, height adjustable legs, MDF top rubber lacquer coated
- H: 72cm; W: 240cm; D: 90cm
- Made in Germany
- Delivery : Made to Order ; 6-8 weeks
The A-Table from Vitra is one of the items of purist furniture which made Maarten Van Severen famous and has become his trademark. Like all his pieces, the table stands out for its symbolic shape and carefully balanced proportions.
The name A-Table refers to the characteristic, A-shaped position of the legs. The first A-Tables were made as early as 1992 in Van Severen's furniture workshop.
What is striking about the series-produced A-Table is the satin, deep black rubber lacquer; it has a wonderfully warm and soft feel and, like a natural material, becomes patinated with age.