- Editor : Charlotte & Peter Fiell
- 704 pages
- ISBN : 978-3-8365-4452-8
- Dimensions : 15.1 x 19.5cm
Great Reasons To Buy Scandinavian Design
- This book is an indispensable guide to the history of Scandinavian Design from 1990 to present day.
- Its comprehensive entries cover over 180 designers and design-led companies, plus essays on the approaches to design between different Scandinavian countries.
- An additional feature is a list of design-related places to visit for readers travelling to Scandinavia.
- It leaves readers with an insightful understanding of why Scandinavian creations are so cherished and sought after.
Why You'll Love This Book
Scandinavian Design is a detailed and engaging overview of all aspects of Scandinavian design from 1990 to present, including furniture, glass, ceramics, textiles, jewellery, metalware and industrial design. It features in-depth entries on over 180 designers and design led companies, as well as essays on the differences and similarities between Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic and Danish design. The book is beautifully presented in an easy to read format, with photography of design and interiors accompanying the text.
Through this book readers will gain an insight into the world-famous and inimitable designs of Scandinavia. Designers featured include Arne Jacobsen, Alvar Aalto, Hans Wegner and Fritz Hansen. For aspiring designers or anyone seeking interior inspiration, Scandinavian Design is the only guide you need.