- Design : Poltrona Frau Archive
- Year of Design : 1903
- Material : Leather
- Padding : Horsehair & goose down
- Dimensions : Width : 94cm; Height : 99cm; Depth : 91cm
- Seat Height : 48cm
- Armrest height : 66cm
- Delivery : Bespoke - 6 - 8 Weeks
Great reasons to buy the Poltrona Frau Vanity Fair Armchair
- This armchair is a replica of the celebrated Vanity Fair 904 model, which formed part of Poltrona Frau's catalogue in 1903.
- An archetype of the modern armchair, subsequent designs have been patterned on Vanity Fair ever since, making it a real style icon.
- It's famous worldwide for its rounded shape and rows of leather-covered nails that add the finishing touch to the seatback and arms.
- With it's versatile and enduring appeal it will look great in any interior setting be it contemporary or traditional.
Why You'll Love This Armchair
In the catalogue since 1903 under the name 904, Vanity Fair is the archetype of the modern armchair, famous worldwide for its typically rounded design and leather-upholstered nails embellishing the back and armrests. Its designer, Renzo Frau drew his inspiration from traditional English chesterfield chairs, as well as styles he saw in France and Central Europe at the time. The result was a stunningly crafted armchair that subsequent models have been patterned on, making it a real style icon and design classic to this day.
Not only a beautiful piece of design, Vanity Fair is both durable and extremely comfortable, owing to the high-quality materials used in its production process. Upholstered in Pelle Frau SC leather, the padding of the chair uses both hand-fashioned vegetal horsehair and rubberised horsehair, whilst the seat cushion is filled with goose down. The springing of the seat, back and arms is by means of biconic steel springs, tied manually and rested on jute belts.