- Made In Denmark
- Designer: Simon Legald
- Material : Shell - Plastic, Legs - Oak, Walnut, Chrome or Lacquered Steel
- Dimensions: H: 78cm; L: 48cm; D: 52cm
- Seat Height: 43cm
- Delivery: 6 - 8 weeks
GREAT REASONS TO BUY THE Normann Copenhagen Form Dining Chair
- Integrated and uncompromising, unified and ambitious, the Form Dining Chair is an exceptional seating solution in terms of both design quality and functionality.
- With a soft silhouette that merges with a rigid Nordic wooden frame, Form draws inspiration from the design of chairs throughout history, resulting in Normann Copenhagen's idea of the perfect chair.
- A cohesive and unified look combined with a natural integration between seat and base has been achieved through the use of an innovative and sleek mounting solution. This results in a unique look where the legs appear to be almost growing out of the seat.
- Every detail has been carefully deliberated, from the well thought out curves, which follow the body and ensure optimal sitting comfort to the 6 timeless colour choices.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS SEATING SOLUTION
Designed by Simon Legald for Danish design company Normann Copenhagen as part of the Form Series, the Form Dining Chair combines a soft silhouette with a rigid Nordic wooden frame to create a functional seating solution with a cohesive and unified look.
Having taken 3 years to develop, every detail of the Form series has been carefully deliberated - well thought out curves, which follow the body and ensure optimal sitting comfort along with a wide seat accommodates various body types and also gives you room to change your position so you sit comfortably for a longer period of time. It is the ergonomic details such as the inclusion of a small curve at the top of the backrest precisely where it feels most natural to grab the chair and pull it out from under the table, that make the Form Dining Chair stand out from the rest.
Nothing has been left to chance and that includes the 6 timeless colour options on offer. There is, for example, nothing random about the dusty blue with grey undertones or the light grey, with its gentle associations to minerals and cement. The green is a careful balance between forest and bottle green, while the deep red unites tones from the entire spectrum of summer berries. Even the black and white tones are chosen so they are clean and calm to look at. A great deal of effort has also gone into colouring the moulded connectors and the steel bases, in order to match the shells perfectly.
”I had an idea of what the ideal chair should look like, and I have had this for many years. I wanted to unite the frame and the seat in a way I had never seen before. I have analysed hundreds of chairs from different periods during the design process. To me, form is the essence of design. Form is what makes a product recognisable and sets the design apart from other products. Form is the first thing you see, you then experience the function. Form is also where a designer can put his personal stamp on a piece of furniture or a product.” - Simon Legald
Cleaning Instructions: Clean with damp cloth.
Simon Legald was born in 1986 and raised in Fløng, Denmark. He graduated from the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in the summer of 2012. During his studies, he completed an internship at Normann Copenhagen. Today, he works as a Senior Designer at Normann Copenhagen's internal design studio.