- Designer: Simon Legald
- Material : Shell/Cushion - PU Foam & Textile; Legs - Chrome
- Dimensions: H: 75cm; L: 72cm; D: 80cm
- Seat Height: 38cm
- Made In Denmark
- Delivery : Made to order; 6 - 8 weeks
GREAT REASONS TO BUY THE Normann Copenhagen Era Rocking Chair
- The Era Low Rocking Chair is from the durable, long-lasting and versatile Era collection that through streamlined design and high quality, easily accommodates modern interior’s need for flexibility.
- The Era collection is designed to transcend generations and is just as at home with lovers of design or families with children, as it is with young couples or their grandparents.
- With multiple fabric options, Era allows you to customise your chair to suit your individual needs.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS Chair
Designed by Simon Legald for Danish design company Normann Copenhagen as part of the Era Series, the Era Low Rocking Chair is a classic, inviting, nostalgic and curved seating solution featuring well-proportioned dimensions, sharp lines and a contemporary feel. The combination of traditional furniture craftsmanship and modern production techniques result in a timeless and characteristic design.
A durable, long-lasting and versatile seating solution, the Era Rocking Chair features a chrome rocking frame, is available in a variety of fabric options and is designed to transcend generations and is just as at home with lovers of design or families with children, as it is with young couples or their grandparents.
”It took a while to get the proportions and the interaction between the soft curves and straight lines on the shells just right. It was crucial that the upholstering and stitching were carried out with the utmost precision. I wanted to create individual chairs where each one had its own character. I did this through the variations of the high and low versions, and by the different frames available for the chair. For example, the wooden frames are flat and add warmth while the slimmer, round steel and chrome frames give a more industrial feel. Finally, the frame for the rocking chair is a slightly unexpected and playful choice for a lounge chair.” - Simon Legald
Cleaning Instructions: Frequent vacuuming with a soft fitting is recommended both for textile and leather to preserve colour and appearance. Textile: Clean with textile or upholstery cleaner.
Simon Legald was born in 1986 and raised in Fløng, Denmark. He graduated from the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts in the summer of 2012. During his studies, he completed an internship at Normann Copenhagen. Today, he works as a Senior Designer at Normann Copenhagen's internal design studio.