- Design : Charles & Ray Eames
- Year of Design : 1956/2010
- Material : Bent plywood, cast aluminium, removable leather upholstery
- Chair: H: 89cm; W: 84cm; D: 92cm
- Ottoman: H: 42cm; W: 63cm; D: 56cm
- Delivery: 6 - 8 weeks
- Quickship Delivery : 2 - 3 Weeks for following versions
- Chair & Ottoman: Cherry Shell / Black Leather / Polished Top with Black Sides Base / Felt Glides
- Chair & Ottoman: Santos Palisander Shell / Black Leather / Polished Top with Black Sides Base / Felt Glides
- Chair & Ottoman: White Pigmented Walnut Shell / Snow Leather / Aluminium Base / Felt Glides
This is the large version of the Eames Lounge Chair & Ottoman by Charles & Ray Eames from Vitra. The original went into production in 1956 but since then the average human has grown an extra 10cm. In conjunction with the Eames office Vitra has adjusted the dimensions of the Lounge Chair to enable taller people to experience its exceptional comfort. This has been achieved by carefully extending the proportions of the seat and back shells in such a way that the overall appearance of the Eames Lounge Chair seems hardly to have changed at all. The ottoman dimensions remain the same as the original.
As with the original this larger version comes with a shell in Santos Palisander, cherry, black or white pigmented walnut with leathers available in specially selected shades to suit the wood tones. Further options include the base colour. This is available in polished aluminium, chromed or black with polished top surfaces.
Watch the Making of the Eames Lounge Chair Video