- Design : Charles & Ray Eames
- Year of Design : 1956/2010
- Material : Bent plywood, cast aluminium, removable leather upholstery
- Chair: H: 84cm; W: 84cm; D: 91cm
- Ottoman: H: 42cm; W: 63cm; D: 56cm
- Delivery: 6 - 8 weeks
- Quickship Delivery : 2 - 3 Weeks for following versions
- Chair & Ottoman: Cherry Shell / Black Leather / Polished Top with Black Sides Base / Felt Glides)
- Chair & Ottoman: Santos Palisander Shell / Black Leather / Polished Top with Black Sides Base / Felt Glides)
- Chair & Ottoman: White Pigmented Walnut Shell / Snow Leather / Aluminium Base / Felt Glides)
The Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman is the epitome of a design classic in furniture terms. Manufactured under licence from the Eames estate by Vitra this is one of the most famous original designs by Charles & Ray Eames.
Created in 1956 it is now a classic in the history of modern furniture - the Chair and Ottoman was originally designed as a modern interpretation of the traditional club chair. It consists of three laminated wooden shells attached to a die cast aluminium frame on shock mounts, giving a flexible connection. Soft leather (nappa cowhide) upholstery sections provide the comfort. The base is swivel on the chair and fixed on the ottoman.
There are a number of variations to the Lounge Chair design. The shell veneer is in cherry, Santos Palisander (rosewood) or black pigmented walnut or white pigmented walnut with leathers available in specially selected shades to suit the wood tones. The base can be in either chrome, polished aluminium, or black with polished aluminium detail on the horizontal surfaces.
Whilst there are a number of inferior copies of the Lounge Chair available online at a fraction of the price, often labelled as 'Eames inspired', true connoisseurs will appreciate the quality of this original. The Lounge Chair is a bespoke piece of furniture which will give many years of lounging pleasure. Besides anything else it's a truly comfortable chair - anyone who already own one of these will vouch for this.
Watch the Making of the Eames Lounge Chair Video