- Designer : Charles & Ray Eames
- Year of Design : 1950
- Shell Material : Polypropylene
- Base: Chromed steel or Powder-Coated (for outdoor use)
- Dimensions : H: 83cm; W: 63cm; D: 59cm.
Seat Height : 43cm; Arm Height : 67.5 - 69cm
- Delivery :6 - 8 Weeks
- Quickship Delivery : 2 - 3 Weeks (Base: Chrome / Shell: White)
This is Vitra's re-edition of the now legendary Eames DAR Armchair with its 'Eiffel Tower' leg base. The seat design was first presented as part of a New York Museum of Modern Art competition entitled "Low Cost Furniture Design". Their organically shaped plastic seat shells were combined with several base options and manufactured in their millions.
The DAR stands for 'Dining Height Armchair' with a wire base. Thanks to advances in technology and materials the new edition is now made in polypropylene (the original DAR chair was made in fibreglass) which offers greater seat comfort.
The DAR Chair is available with a 'basic dark' powder-coated base (suitable for outdoor use), along with several shell colours and two heights - the original and a newer, slightly taller height.