- Author : Frances Amber
- Illustrations by Here Design
- 4 x hard back concertina books
- Slip case cover
- 188 pages collectively
- ISBN : 978-0-500-42039-3
- Dimensions : 16.5 x 11.8 cm
Great Reasons To Buy Mid Century Modern : Icons of Design
- Mid-Century Modern is a set of four concertina books illustrated with distinctive depictions of the most popular & original mid-century designs.
- It contains insightful text explaining the designer's influences on each product and the product's place in design history.
- Each volume focuses on a different area of design, compromising an extensive guide to mid-century design.
- Easy to read and store the books are held together in a stylish slipcase, and unfold accordion style .
Why You'll Love This Book
Mid-Century Modern is an illustrated and informative guide to one of the most popular, collectable, and dynamic periods of international design - the mid-twentieth century. A set of four concertina books, each focuses on a different area of design : Product & Industrial Design, Lighting, Table & Storage, and Chairs.
From Poul Henningsen lamps and George Nelson clocks to Eames Chairs, the most popular and original designs of the period are rendered here in a distinctive graphic style befitting the era, accompanied on the flip side by concise, insightful text exploring the designer’s influences and the product’s place in design history. An ideal gift for any design addict, this is the perfect introductory guide to Mid-century modern design.