- Dimensions: Variable
- Suspension type: Cable length: max. 3 metre black textile cord (max. 4 metre for 55cm version
- Material: Spun aluminium
- Light Source (Not Included) :
17.5cm and 25cm versions require 1 x max. 100W E27 bulb.
40cm and 55cm versions require 1 x max. 200W E27 bulb.
- Finish: Black, wet painted
- Delivery: 6 - 8 weeks
Great reasons to buy the Louis Poulsen Above Pendant Light
- The conical shade with its opening at the top is engineered to produce a beautifully subdued and pleasant ambience.
- The overtly simplistic, contemporary design is perfectly minimal, offering a perfectly understated yet sculptural addition to your interior.
- The top opening ensures that the pendant retains the full expression of its visual shape, both when illuminated and when switched off.
Why you'll love this pendant light
The Above Pendant Light has been designed by Mads Odgård for Danish lighting giant, Louis Poulsen. Odgård designed the pendant light to fit with Louis Poulsen's philosophy that design should shape the light. In doing so, he created a product that is the essence of his motto, "how simple do I dare to make it?". An understanding of outdoor lighting, natural ambience and how light interacts with its surroundings to make them more beautiful, has resulted in a light fitting that illuminates its intended space without dominating.
The overtly simply pendant emits soft, comfortable downward light. The conical shade features a matt white-painted interior that helps assure even distribution of the light. The opening in the top provides a beautifully decorative illumination of the arc above, and ensures that the pendant retains the full expression of its visual shape, both when illuminated and when switched off.
"It is my hope that Above will be received as a simple, low-key lamp, that also radiates poetry. But if you don’t notice the lamp itself, and simply note that the illumination is pleasant and sufficient, that’s fine by me as well. Functionality is everything!" – Mads Odgård