- Designer : Hans J.Wegner
- Year of Design : 1950
- Material : Solid Wood, Wood Veneer & Natural Paper Cord
- H: 79.8cm; W: 59.2cm; D: 51.9cm; Seat Height : 44.5cm
- Made in Denmark
- Delivery : 14 - 16 Weeks
Why you should buy the Carl Hansen CH26 Dining Armchair :
- In production for the first time since its design by renowned Danish designer Hans J. Wegner in 1950.
- The CH26's design shows serious consideration to the chair’s proportions and its height in relation to tables.
- Part of Wegner’s debut collection featured iconic chairs that have achieved classic status the world over.
- Features all the usual Wegner's design elements such as organic shapes, bold backs, light-colored wood and woven seats
- Ergonomically designed, it's extremely comfortable
Why you'll love this chair:
Dating back to the 1950s but never produced, the CH26 chair’s striking similarity to the CH22 is evident in the armrests and the characteristic, sweeping form of the armrest supports. Because Wegner intended for the CH26 to serve as a dining or desk chair, he gave serious consideration to the chair’s proportions and its height in relation to tables, adjusting the chair’s frame and seat structure to enhance strength and stability.
The CH26 is available in a range of wood finishes, with a choice of oak or walnut cover caps and either natural or black papercord seats. An additional leather seat cushion in Loke Leather is also available.
*Oak / Walnut mix is version that combines an oak frame & armrest with walnut backrest.
Soap - The closest to raw wood; grain and structure are visible; light in colour
Oil - Grain and structure are visible; lighter than soap; creates lustre and brings out contrast in grain and structure. Darkens over time to a rich patina
Clear Lacquer- Grain & structure visible, darker than soap, glossy smooth finish which yellows over time.
White Oil - Same as oil with grain and structure visible with a light tinge.
Fabric Description :
Loke Leather - Buffed, embossed and coated with a protective finish to create a very durable leather. With its uniform texture, this leather offers a practical choice with minimal change in appearance over time.
Fabric samples are available on request : Request a Sample
See the CH22/CH26 Video