- Designer : Hans J.Wegner
- Year of Design : 1950
- Material : Solid Wood, Wood Veneer & Natural Paper Cord
- H: 72.6cm; W: 69.5cm; D: 61.5cm; Seat Height : 36.8cm
- Made in Denmark
- Delivery : Sopaed Oak/ Natural with oak caps in stock. Others : 14-16 weeks
Why you should buy the Carl Hansen CH22 Lounge Armchair :
- The CH22 chair is manufactured to Hans Wegner’s exacting original 1950's design specifications.
- The CH22 emphasizes Wegner's talent for designing and constructing wooden furniture.
- Part of Wegner’s debut collection featured iconic chairs that have achieved classic status the world over.
- Features all the usual Wegner's design elements such as organic shapes, bold backs, light-colored wood and woven seats.
- Ergonomically designed, it's extremely comfortable.
Why you'll love this chair:
Designed in 1950 and manufactured to Wegner’s exacting original specifications, the CH22 is a low armchair with a solid wood construction featuring Wegner’s characteristically shaped armrests and a paper-cord seat in what is known as an envelope weave. The chair’s refined joinery is evident in the finger-joined corners of the seat frame, with the forelegs locking into wooden wedges in a color contrasting that of the frame. The distinctive back shell in form-pressed veneer features oblong cover caps as a striking detail in either oak or walnut.
The CH22 is available in a range of wood finishes, with a choice of oak or walnut cover caps and either natural or black papercord seats. An additional leather seat cushion in Loke Leather is also available.
*Oak / Walnut mix is version that combines an oak frame & armrest with walnut backrest.
Soap - The closest to raw wood; grain and structure are visible; light in colour
Oil - Grain and structure are visible; lighter than soap; creates lustre and brings out contrast in grain and structure. Darkens over time to a rich patina
Clear Lacquer- Grain & structure visible, darker than soap, glossy smooth finish which yellows over time.
White Oil - Same as oil with grain and structure visible with a light tinge.
Fabric Description :
Loke Leather - Buffed, embossed and coated with a protective finish to create a very durable leather. With its uniform texture, this leather offers a practical choice with minimal change in appearance over time.
Fabric samples are available on request : Request a Sample
See the CH22/CH26 Video