- Designer : Philipp Mainzer
- Year of Design : 1996
- Material : Solid European oiled oak or walnut
- H: 47cm; W: 27cm; D: 27cm
- Hand made in Germany to order
- Delivery : 2-3 Weeks for Oak, 12 - 14 Weeks for Walnut
Now considered to be a design classic the Backenzahn has become something of an identifying icon for E15and part of several permanent exhibitions in Museums around the world.
With its four identical legs made of solid wood this stool really gives a strong impression. The legs taper downwards with two deliberate incisions. The gaps between the legs suggest that all four parts are still clearly recogniseable and the slightly concave seat provides great sitting comfort.
The Backenzahn stool is available in European oiled oak or walnut and can be ordered with a flat top to use as an occasional or bedside table.
This stool looks particularly good with the Bigfoot table by E15 - mirroring the same bold design features.