- General Editor : Elizabeth Wihide
- Pages: 575
- Dimensions: 17.5 x 25cm
- ISBN : 978-0500292280
Great Reasons to buy Design: The whole Story
- This book is a sophisticated guide to the history of design, from the Industrial Revolution to present day.
- Organised chronologically, it places each iconic design within its socio-economic context, highlighting key influences and events that have shaped design history.
- It's written by a team of experts including design historians and critics and features over 1000 illustrations of iconic designs.
- For design students and enthusiasts it's an interesting and easy way to learn about the history of design.
Why You'll Love This Book
Design: The Whole Story is a fascinating visual guide to the key movements, developments and practitioners of design around the world. Organised chronologically from the emergence of industrial design in the 1700s to digital design from 1995 to present, the book locates design within its varying cultural, social and economic contexts, and features illustrated timelines highlighting key influences and events. For anyone with an interest in the history of design this book is a great place to start.