- Designer : Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
- Year of Design : 2015
- Material : Solid wood panel with linoleum surface (thickness approx. 24 mm), ABS edge, flat rolled steel powder coated black.
- Wall bracket : solid natural oak with protective varnish or black stained with protective varnish
- Dimensions : H : 34cm; L : 100cm; D : 45 cm
- Part Assembly Required
- Delivery : Made to Order ; 8 - 10 weeks
Great Reasons To Buy The REB 006 Kaari Console Table
- The Artek REB 006 Kaari Console Table is a versatile solution for those who want to utilise small spaces with a contemporary, wall-mounted design.
- Named after the Finnish Word for arch, the bent steel base used to support the desk brings a whole new expression to classic design.
- Part of a wider collection of tables, desks and shelves, the whole Kaari range represents the first major change in table typology in 100 years, giving this piece a memorable quality.
- Whether bought on its own or paired with other pieces in the Kaari collection, this console will look great in a whole host of different interior styles. /span>
Why you'll love this Console Table
The REB 006 Kaari Console Table is a distinct, space-saving solution that creates a truly unique and stunning interior using limited space. Combining form and function with innovative design, it has been designed by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec as part of their Kaari Collection for Finnish design brand Artek. The principle is extremely simple: the solid wood elements are supported by a wooden frame and diagonal bent steel bands that embrace the contours of the piece. The steel bands draw a kind of wing bracket-angle that support the ensemble and create a linear and rhythmic silhouette.
"From the beginning we had the idea to make a collection in link with the Artek tradition but from our contemporary stance. We continued our exploration around the combination of materials and created Kaari, a novel construction system resulting of a hybridization of solid wood and steel bands" - Bouroullec Brothers.
The typology of table design has only undergone minor alterations over the past 100 years. The design duo behind the Kaari collection note that while there have been hundreds of memorable chairs, only a few tables have made design history. With its arch-like construction The REB 006 Kaari Console Table has a great shot at joining those design classics.
The Kaari Collection comprises rectangular and round tables in two sizes as well as a desk, a wall console, a small round shelf and an assortment of large wall-mounted shelves, all of which are available to buy online at Utility.
About The Designer
Born in Brittany in 1971 and 1976 respectively the Bouroullec brothers have become a much sough after double act, particularly after their work with Cappellini who recognised their talent at an early stage. Here we feature some of their most highly regarded works for Vitra, Kartell,Cappellini and Magis.