- General Editor : Denna Jones
- Pages: 576
- Dimensions: 17.5 x 25cm
- ISBN : 9780500291481
Great Reasons to buy Architecture: The whole Story
- This book is a sophisticated guide to the history of architecture, from the Neolithic ages to present day.
- Organised chronologically, it places key works in the context of social and cultural developments, with historical timelines highlighting key influences and events.
- It's written by a team of experts including architects and historians, and features 1000 illustrations of iconic designs.
- For design enthusiasts It's a great place to start learning about the history of architecture.
Why You'll Love This Book
Architecture: The Whole Story is a fascinating visual guide to the key periods and movements in the history of architecture from Medieval times to today. Organised chronologically, periods covered include Early Islamic, High Gothic, Late Renaissance and High Tech. Each chapter features informed thematic essays by architectural historians who trace the development of each style in different regions around the world, putting key works in the context of social and cultural developments. From Battista Alberti to Zaha Hadid this beautifully detailed book pays homage to those people that have inspired others with their authentic vision and technical ingenuity. For anyone with an interest in architecture it's a great place to start.